Monday, June 28, 2010

China's at it again, folks.

Goddang that China. They’re arresting more innocent people now. Ughk.

First, they arrest dissidents.

Then, they arrest human rights activists.

Now, they’re arresting innocent Tibetan writers, poets, and musicians.

What next, fucking street-dwellers?

Every time I read an article like this, it just shows how powerful the people behind the title are. In an environment where there is one-party rule and the lack of a check and balance system that has the power to overrule one’s rule, anything can happen. It scares the living shit out of me that one human being can have that much power, and even more so, it makes me cringe at the thought that someone whose personality deems it ok to inflict harm on a fellow being is in such a high position.

On the macro level, the political arena is like a dog-eat-dog world, especially when the political system only has a spot for one egoistical, power hungry creep. Someone/group is always trying to get the power, maintain the power, and stay in power by all means. And this trickles down to the micro-business level, too. Naw meen? Nasttyyy shizz, man.

It really scares me though. I guess that’s why I’ve always trailed away from politics. I’ve taken some political classes and have highly enjoyed it because truth be told, that shit is super interesting. But as I get too deep into the subject matter, I find out the brutal, gritty, and misleading side of it. I’m just not talking about countries that have a track record of human rights abuse; I’m talking about those who we don’t even think would act in such a way. Like how we, the US, abuse our position in the WTO regarding certain farming tariffs, which eventually trickles down and leaves the local farmers in Africa poor and their kids malnourished. I’m talking about how a Private Member in Uganda can even think about introducing an Anti- Homosexuality Bill that allows the local government to punish homosexuals with the death penalty. And don’t even get me started on N. Korea, Vietnam, and China.

Oy.

That’s why sometimes I wish Iron Man or James T. Kirk was our leader. Life would be much funnier with them around. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment