Thursday, July 29, 2010

Hello, lovely Seattle.

Seattle is high on caffeine every hour, everyday – the Gilmore girls should live here!

There are coffee shops on every block and with it being the birth place of the mega-global coffee chain, Starbucks, you can see the well-familiarized green lady in a circle on every block. So since I’m here for oh, two and a half weeks, im pretty much spending my down time in some local coffee shop with (here’s the best part) complimentary free wi-fi. ^_^ oh yeaaaa. Can life get any better than f r e e wi-fi?!

I think not.

I know it’s been quite a while since I’ve written on this blog. Apologies. But I do have a reason for that - - I’ve been living my life (as should you!).

So Seattle. Oh, Seattle. If I were to describe it, I’d say it’s a good mix between San Francisco and greens. And when I say greens, I mean trees. And when I say trees, I mean lots of ‘em. I love it! AND public transportation hands down is far superior than what we have back home. But that’s a given. lol. And did I mention it’s free, too? F R E E anywhere in downtown. Gosh I love that word!

Be jealous.

lol.

Jk.

No but really, be jealous.

One thing I love about traveling is immersing yourself in that city. Every single city has its own culture and heartbeat, and living it is one of the best experiences one should… experience. I think that’s one of the reasons why I love going out of Orange County. Finding the nice little perks and surprises that city has to offer. Who knows, you might live there one day.

And I’m not talking about the typical touristy stuff. I don’t want to be that girl in that group in that car that looks like a boat listening to that guy that spits out a lot of information about god knows what. I’m talking about LIVING in that city, not just passing by. Nah meen? There’s something so much more powerful and sentimental when you’re being one with the locals. In light of that, I’ve been living as a Seattleite for quite some time -- taking the light link rail downtown, walking everywhere, and taking the bus everyday with a cup of joe in one hand.

Besides being famous for Microsoft, Starbucks, Ichiro, Boeing, and Kurt, Seattle has a lot of local, quaint stores with even better Victorian-Romanesque buildings and cobblestone roads. I just simply love it! And lucky me, my sister lives very close to everything so it's just a small walk away.

I'm not gonna go into detail about my day-to-day life cause thats not what I do, and simply because I can't remember. lol. Rather, this entry serves as a viral note to self of how I see this lovely city so far and what i've gotten out of it (which will be in my future posts. I promise!).

My stay here is quite longer than your usual weekend trip. I'm here for exactly two-and-a-half weeks visiting the sister. During the day, i'm the solo traveler exploring the city's wonderful delights while my sister is at work doing her thang and by night time, i'm home with her cooking or eating out and enjoying the city in a different light, at night to be exact.

It's been wonderful so far. I love not having to be on a packed schedule and waking up early. I get to enjoy the city leisurely and at my own pace. The joys of having a sibling living in a different city! woot woot!

I'm praying she'll live in Costa Rica next year. tehe ^_^

K. My time here is done! I'm outty! Until next time, be safe, be happy ... goodbye!



3 comments:

  1. i really like reading your blogs. I can hear your voice in my head as i read, feels like you're sitting right next to me telling me all of this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yeah oober cute. I also love cafes. Cafes are my favorite parts in every city and where I create some of the most fond memories. Maybe we should all open a cafe together :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vina, I am so on board! I loooveeee coffee shops!

    ReplyDelete