5 hours before we left for our crazy adventure, we started planning our crazy adventure. Ooohhhh yeaaaa ^_^
Destination: Canada, specifically Victoria and Vancouver
Five minutes later, we realized renting a car was out of the question because:
1) 1my sister was out of the question since:
a. her ID expired
b. she has three strikes already , which is a big no no -__-
2) I’m out of the question bks one must be 21
So this left us with the ferry or “backpacking roadtrip,” and since I do not work and my sister works for AmeriCorp, going the ferry route would be much more expensive for our poor and hungry selves so naturally…
we opted to just wing it and take the bus! Yeehaaa!
Then out of nowhere, we added Poulsbo, Port Angeles, and Forks to the agenda because our theme for the weekend seem to have been …. “ah shucks, we might as well.” Because really, it was on the way (and so we can get bragging rights)! lol
And so, four hours later, we left for the ferry to Bainbridge Island to take the bus to Poulsbo to Port Angeles to Forks to Port Angeles and then hop on the ferry to Victoria and then jump on over to Vancouver then take the train home! Whew! That was a mouthful! *wipes sweat from forehead
We ventured on this lil adventure with nothing but one bag of luggage, my camera-phone, and a stickynote with the city and the bus number. That’s all. We left blind with no schedule and nothing planned but with our spirits ready for some spontaneous, wicked fun adventures!
And i’m here to tell you that that is OK! You don’t always have to be perfect and prepared and have a whole schedule planned out! SO FORMULAIC! Break free from the mode! In fact, I actually prefer that you wing it (though, it is situational lol). Let me tell you, I personally think that the best trip you can possibly have is with great company, the right spirit, and a map. OH HELLZ YEA!
And also, it’s much cheaper, too! I’ve been paying 50 cents to two dollars for the bus to get from one city to another so imagine how cheap our trip was! The most expensive transportation we paid so far was probably for our ferry to Victoria! And that was only 15 dollars! O.O!!!! Compare that to 80somethingdollars from Seattle to Victoria with no stops in between! OH HELLZ YEA!
So I just arrived in Victoria, Canada and it is absolutely lovely! I love this city already! It’s so happy and springy and the architecture and the harbor just makes it ten times better! THERE ARE FLOWERS EVERYWHERE, TOO! I feel like someone is going to pop out and break into a musical and dance and sing! Oh …. lovely Victoria. ^_^
Reader Discretion: though I speak highly of this going blind ordeal, this is NOT meant for everyone. Please consult with a professional before you not plan your trip. Gluck and have fun!
haha i would agree with winging it if you're going to a not as expensive place. if you're going flying half-way across the world, some planning is important or at least a lonely planet guide book.
ReplyDeletetour groups are a no no. never. again.